The Online Certificate Course in Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Programs offers a comprehensive exploration of the principles, tools, and techniques essential for effective monitoring and evaluation in development programs. This course provides participants with a solid foundation in understanding the concepts and significance of monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing their crucial role in achieving program objectives and measuring impact.
Participants will learn how to design and implement robust monitoring and evaluation systems, including the identification of program objectives, outcomes, and indicators. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical exercises, learners will develop proficiency in data collection methods, analysis techniques, and data visualization for informed decision-making.
The course also covers a range of monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques, including performance tracking, outcome evaluation, and participatory approaches. Participants will explore how to effectively communicate evaluation findings to stakeholders, utilize the results to improve program effectiveness, and foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
By the end of the course, participants will possess the skills and knowledge necessary to institutionalize monitoring and evaluation within organizations, ensuring sustainability and maximizing the positive impact of development programs.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts, principles, and importance of monitoring and evaluation in the context of development programs.
- Develop the ability to design and implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems, including the identification of program objectives, outcomes, and indicators.
- Acquire proficiency in utilizing various data collection methods, analysis techniques, and data visualization tools to assess program performance and measure impact.
- Learn to apply different monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques, such as performance tracking, outcome evaluation, and participatory approaches, to enhance program effectiveness and accountability.
- Develop the skills to effectively communicate monitoring and evaluation findings to stakeholders, utilize the results for evidence-based decision-making, and foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement within development programs.
The course is designed for professionals working in international development, project management, program evaluation, and related fields. This course is suitable for development program managers, monitoring and evaluation officers, project coordinators, analysts, consultants, government officials, NGO staff, and researchers. It caters to individuals at different career stages, from beginners seeking foundational knowledge to experienced professionals looking to enhance their skills in monitoring and evaluation for development programs.
To participate in this online course, participants will need a reliable internet connection and a computer, laptop, or mobile device. The course will be hosted on Global Human Rights Leadership Training Institute platform, which participants will access using their web browser. The platform is compatible with most modern web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Additional technology requirements will be communicated to participants in advance if necessary.
Award of the Certificates
Participants, who successfully complete all course requirements, including assignments and assessments, will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Monitoring and Evaluation for Development Programs (PM4D). The certificate will highlight the skills and knowledge gained in the course, providing valuable recognition of the participant’s achievements.
The course fee for is US$300. Limited partial scholarships are available for participant’s from developing countries who demonstrate financial need. Details on the partial scholarship application process will be provided upon registration.
This advanced course on grant proposal writing and resource mobilization is designed to be flexible for busy professionals. The course has duration of 84 hours, which can be completed over a period of four (4) weeks. Participants will have access to the course materials and assignments 24/7 and can complete the coursework at their own pace. Additionally, there is a possibility of an extension if required. This flexibility allows participants to balance their work and personal commitments while still benefiting from the course.
Interested participants can register for this course by filling out an online application form at https://justicegroup.org/submit-your-application-form/ or request an application form from email: email@example.com. The application deadline is 3rd April 2024, while payment is due on 4th April 2024. Once accepted, participants will be provided with payment details, and payment must be made before the participant can start the course.
ME4DP Course Overview
Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation
- Understanding the concepts of monitoring and evaluation
- Importance of monitoring and evaluation in development programs
- Key stakeholders and their roles in monitoring and evaluation
- Ethical considerations in monitoring and evaluation
- Summary of key learning points
- Key takeaways
- ME4DP Assignment – 1
Designing Effective Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
Data Collection and Analysis
Monitoring and Evaluation Tools and Techniques
Utilizing Monitoring and Evaluation Findings
Institutionalizing Monitoring and Evaluation
- Developing monitoring and evaluation frameworks and policies
- Capacity building for monitoring and evaluation
- Integrating monitoring and evaluation into program management
- Sustainability of monitoring and evaluation systems
- Summary of key learning points
- Key takeaways
- ME4DP Assignment – 6
Case Studies and Practical Exercises
Final Project and Assessment