Justice Corps is the volunteer arm of the Justice Group. It is an innovative model aimed at giving human rights and non-profit sector in Nigeria and beyond a new face look. Justice Group volunteers assist in the implementation of some of our projects and activities. We are currently building a database of volunteers who will be our partners in the implementation of our projects. Volunteers on our programmes are selected based on set criteria such as:
- A first-degree qualification or its equivalent in relevant area
- An even-tempered, relaxed and flexible manner
- A desire to work with people from diverse socio-cultural background
- Ability to work well with others and contribute to the overall work of the organisation
Areas of interest to Justice Group are:
- Proposal Writing and Fundraising
- Community Development
- Community Primary Health Care
- Media Network/Relationship
- Human Rights/Civic Education
- Child Development
- Gender Sensitization
- Prison Rehabilitation
Where can a Justice Corps volunteer work?
As a Justice Corps Volunteer, you can volunteer/assist in our projects in primary schools, secondary schools, vocational training centres, street law project in schools, local communities in southern Nigeria, community health centers etc.
TYPES OF VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
The Fundraising Volunteer provides a full rang of fundraising and program assistance in the implementation of the organisational development plan and overall mission for support of human rights, alternative development and international social change. Depending on the time of the year, the volunteer will encompass some or all of the following responsibilities.
Volunteers’ Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn about and participate in the process of researching, writing and following up on financial grants from private and corporate foundations.
- Help plan and implement special events for Justice Group International.
- Collaborate with Development Team on phone and mail communication and solicitation with donors.
- Help to enter donor data and generate acknowledgements for gifts and other miscellaneous donor correspondence.
- Research stories and projects highlights for fundraising purposes-including helping to compose regular fundraising letters.
Outreach / Campaign Volunteer
The Outreach/Campaign Volunteer will work with Justice Group to expand its visibility among various populations and it publicity capabilities by promoting local, national and international media (print, radio, Internet) exposure.
The Development Volunteer will work with Justice Group staff and Board members to develop and implement fundraising strategies, including proposal writing, research on funding prospects, assistance with direct mail campaigns, and special events for our community development projects in Nigeria.
The Research Volunteer will help Justice Group in researching and writing about current social, economic, political, and cultural conditions in Nigeria and beyond. He/she will work in collaboration with our staff in Nigeria.
You Can Volunteer –
…on short-term projects that are completed within a specific time frame.
…on long-term projects that allow you to make short-term commitment to activities and events of interest to you.
…for a year, two or more.
…by e-mail giving professional advice or helping out with fundraising, project design and development.
Benefits of being a Justice Corps member/volunteer
As a Justice Volunteer Corp, you get:
- The opportunity of doing something about issues of interest to you.
- The opportunity of imparting positively on the lives of those around you.
- The privilege of giving back to your community/society.
- A Certificate of Recognition.
- A happier, longer life with a genuine sense of fulfilment.
Preferred candidates will have excellent written and oral communication skills; experience and/or interest in social justice, human rights, international understanding, ICT, community organizing, and/or education.
Justice Group is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of diverse backgrounds, women, people of color, people of all sexual and gender identities, including people with disabilities.
You have the skills and strengths; we provide you the opportunity to use them in service to humanity.
Join Justice Volunteer Corps today, and experience a real life of difference.
Send resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience to:
Human Rights & Justice Group International
53 Western Avenue