The Project Cycle Management (PCM) is the method employed by civil society organisations, United Nations agencies, international development cooperation’s and non-profit organisations to carry out and manage their projects and programmes effectively. Projects Cycle Management also require the participation of numerous stakeholders, coordination between specialists from different fields, and efficient management to solve challenging problems. This course will equip and empower participants with enhanced designing and management tools to tailor projects more adequately to meet the needs of the beneficiaries. It builds up a clear body of theory, understanding and skills for each stage, so that by the end of the course participants will have a clear competence across all stages of the cycle.
By the end of the course, participants will understand:
- the role of the project cycle, and key activities to be undertaken at each stage.
- the principles of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework Approach (LFA).
- how to use the LFA to assess a project document & identify information needs for a feasibility study.
- how to structure terms of reference for feasibility studies.
- the role of the logframe in project monitoring & evaluation
- the role & importance of indicators for project preparation, implementation & evaluation
- the importance of the integrated approach & the PCM basic format
At the end of the course, participants will know how to make needs assessment, to design, plan and monitor a project following the results-based management concept and using the logical framework as a tool.
This is an online course, so you’ll need to have a computer with an Internet connection, and you’ll need a web-browser (you can use IE or FireFox). All the course materials you’ll need to complete this course are provided in the course modules. You will not need to purchase any additional materials, resources, or books. You will also have the opportunity of experiencing the best online training platform.
- Online, interactive, self-paced and self-learning modules.
- Assignments to test your knowledge and understanding before and after the course.
- Opportunity to post comments, assignment answers, live chat and blogging etc.
The course is aimed at programs and project managers, staff of NGOs, CBOs, staff of United Nations specialized agencies, donor agency field workers, volunteers, development actors, researchers, policy-makers, activists, women advocates, trainers, government officials etc.
The course tuition fee is US$300. There is a limited amount of partial scholarships available for this course for applicants from developing countries, based on financial need.
LOCATION: Online [Web-based]
The deadline for application is 25th June 2019, while full tuition payment is due on 26th June 2019. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. However, applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Register early for this wonderful learning opportunity!
Introduction to Project Cycle Management
Project Design and Analysis Tools - The Logical Framework Approach
Using the Logical Framework to Develop Activity and Resource Schedules
Using the LFA to Assess Project Proposals
Project Review and Evaluation
Implementing, Monitoring, and Reporting on the Project